Day 1 of renovations
Before the electricians show up we figure that we should go and get the chip trailer level and turned to sit exactly where we want it to. Myself, my boyfriend (Jason) my dad and Jason Banas all come together to try and decide where the trailer would look the best. You wouldn’t believe how complicated our conversations are on a regular basis with both Jackie’s husband and my boyfriend being named Jason. We decide to turn it on an angle just by moving it over a couple feet. Jason Banas in the Kabota digger came and lifted the tongue of the trailer and my Jason hooked the truck on the back of the trailer to help roll it out of where it had sunk in on the gravel. And on 3, they both simultaneously moved the trailer EXACTLY where I wanted it to go. It was perfect.
Then came the fun of getting the trailer level. We had 4 jacks to put under the trailer and we figured that would be easy enough. Turns out nothing on the trailer itself was level so we didn’t even know where to start.
The counters weren’t level, the window wasn’t installed level, even the floors weren’t level. And not only was it unlevel side to side, it was also unlevel front to back. Well after a few hours of fiddling around with it we think we got it where it is the most level it can be.
Then we wanted to create a concrete plan of what we are going to do about the electrical before the electricians showed up the next day. Well you can just imagine how the electrical was in the trailer. We had wires coming from every which-way to the panel, and some wires we didn’t even know where they were going or ended up.
After a while we ended up creating a plan and headed home for the night.
Day 2 of renovations
The next day my dad ending up taking off work to come and help and we met with the electricians bright and early. We walked through everything and they started to get to work tearing all of the old wiring out of the trailer. I went in the store to get some work done for the KOA and came back out and my counter top and my whole back wall was outside the trailer on the ground. I was fairly concerned that they had found something bad, but turns out my dad had better ideas for that wall and did away with all the old stuff. He had taken the table out and when he had started taking apart the back wall he noticed that the whole back wall was made of floor tiles stapled on.
I went back in to get some more work done and returned a little bit later and to my surprise I now had a new location for my light switch and all new plug-ins…my dad was redoing the initial plan AGAIN. But in the end they are MUCH better!
I had then called the health inspector to see if we could schedule a date for his inspection the next week and he insisted that he comes and gives me a pre-opening assessment the next day! Well to say the least, the trailer was in no condition for the health inspector. So right after the electricians were finished we got down to work cleaning and re-building the back wall to get it somewhat presentable. Now lets see what the health inspector has to say about it!